Technical Solution Designer
- Information Technology
- £Competitive+ 3% flexible benefits + on target bonus of 10% + contributory pension
- Shift Pattern:
- Monday - Friday 9am -5:15pm
- Closing date:
- Working hours:
- 37.5 Hours
Lowell is one of Europe’s largest credit management companies, with operations in the UK, Germany and Austria and a vision to be the best in its field in Europe. At Lowell we work with our customers to improve their financial well-being. We take the time to get to know each customer and better understand their individual circumstances, working out the best payment plan for them. Our personal approach is why we’ve been awarded an Exceptional 3 star rating by Investor in Customer for the last two years.
The purpose of the role is to solution and document high and low level technical designs for requirements demanded by the business through the change management framework and other business demands. The role will support strategic initiatives and will uphold enterprise architectural principles and standards, working closely within the design and development teams at a technical solutions level.
The Technical Solution Designer will proactively engage with stakeholders, both technical and non-technical and translate requirements into technical designs. Although a level of technical proficiency is required, the successful candidate will operate across a range of technologies.
- To ensure a quality end to end technical design is provided to the business within the scope of all strategies, roadmaps, local requirements and best practice
- Uphold the principles required for all governance frameworks and best practice guidelines
- Full and accurate documentation of all technical and solution designs
- Keep up to date with industry best practice, emerging technologies and promoting these to the organisation and design team as appropriate
- To provide a proactive ‘can do’ approach to tasks and embrace a culture of continuous service improvement
- Promote and uphold all business governance frameworks, principles and adherence to all regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder engagement and cross department relationships
You’ll need to evidence the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Strong and robust Solution/Technical end to end design
- Development of solutions a both a high and low level design
- Working experience at a development, infrastructural and enterprise level
- Accurate technical documentation of design solutions
- Strong demonstrable experience in providing best practice designs for technical and solution concepts
- Exceptional ability to communicate and present solutions to stakeholders and governance committees
- Working in a fast moving technical financial/development environment
- Familiarity of ITIL, SDLC and Change Management Frameworks
- Strong demonstrable documentation skills
- Exposure to Enterprise architecture principles and best practice
- Good understanding of the Microsoft/OpenEdge Technology Stack
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills being confident to interact with stakeholders and colleagues across the organisation
- Highly motivated and able to work to tight deadlines in a highly pressurised environment
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Contributory pension
- 3% flexible benefits - including cycle to work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club, retail discounts and the option to buy up to one week’s worth of holiday subject to start date
- Free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Free on-site gym
- Excellent coaching and training
If this sounds like the role for you, and you’re eligible to work in the UK we’d love to hear from you.
So, apply today – what have you got to lose?!