Senior Pricing Analyst
- Decision Science
- £Competitive + 3% flexible benefits + on target bonus of 10% + contributory pension
- Closing date:
- Working hours:
- 37.5 Hours
We’re now looking for a Senior Pricing Analyst to join our Pricing and Investments team, within the Decision Science department. This is an excellent opportunity to fulfil a range of analytical activities supporting our contingent service business units in the UK and solving some of the company’s most challenging problems.
In particular, through the application of powerful statistical tools and close partnership with our stakeholders across the company including Business Development and Operations. The Senior Pricing Analyst (Contingent Services) will analyse drivers of revenue and cost, model operational performance and ultimately set pricing recommendations for our contingent business. As such, the ability to build trust-based relationships and to solve problems through analytical rigour are essential.
In addition, pricing analysts at all levels of seniority have the opportunity to present their analyses and conclusions to the company’s Investment Committee and senior leaders; therefore, this role demands business acumen, drive, confidence, and the ability to explain complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Generating pricing recommendations, concerning the commercial terms of new contingent business opportunities in the UK, by conducting appropriate analysis and predictive modelling to forecast future net cashflows
- Undertaking profitability and valuation analysis of existing contingent client contracts in order to generate prospective recommendations to re-price commercial terms, and/or to review operational practices
- Partnering with Operations to understand portfolio servicing strategies and incorporate the results into modelling and valuation work
- Providing high-quality data analysis support for operational projects within the contingent service business units in the UK
- Serving as an asset valuation and data analysis thought leader, with a particular focus on contingent services
- Acting as a mentor/coach for junior analysts within the department and oversee their work in collaboration with departmental managers
You’ll need to evidence the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., economics, math, physics) from a top twenty institution with at least a 2.1 grade
- Extensive experience operating in a related field (e.g., asset valuation/pricing, predictive modelling, credit scoring)
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, Enterprise Guide, and/or Enterprise Miner
- At least basic working knowledge of SQL with the ability to write T-SQL, likely obtained through prior work experience conducting data analysis, reporting, querying and data management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel (experience with database structures would also be helpful)
- Significant experience with NPV calculations, asset valuation and/or cash flow estimation approaches is essential
- Future team members are likely to demonstrate the following;
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Good presentation skills
- Learning on the Fly: absorbs information quickly when facing new problems
- Self-Development: committed to and actively works to continuously improve oneself
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that partners broadly within the organization and influences the company’s operational, analytic, and financial strategies. Moreover, this role is part of a thriving, pan-European modelling community devoted to using the best elements of applied and theoretical work from statistics, psychology, management science, and behavioural economics to understand the fundamental drivers of consumer financial behaviour.
How we reward you:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus
- Contributory pension
- 3% flexible benefits - including cycle to work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club, retail discounts and the option to buy up to one week’s worth of holiday subject to start date
- Free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Free on-site gym
- Excellent coaching and training
Lowell is one of Europe’s largest credit management companies, with operations in the UK, Germany and Austria and a vision to be the best in its field in Europe. Lowell’s comprehensive range of products and services improve the financial well-being of clients and consumers, and its experience, expertise, and core strengths in data analytics and operational efficiency underpin its vision to be the most reputable and trusted partner in the European credit management sector. For more information on the Group, please visit our investor website at investors.garfunkelux.com.
About Decision Science
Lowell’s Decision Science department is focused on understanding, measuring, and predicting consumer financial behaviour. The team comprises business analysts, statisticians, and quantitative scientists dedicated to addressing the company’s most challenging analytic problems.
Lowell’s comprehensive range of products and services improve the financial well-being of clients and consumers. These include Debt Purchase (whereby we acquire, and then manage portfolios of consumer credit accounts from our institutional clients) and Contingent Services (whereby we work directly for our clients in managing portfolios of their accounts).
Our experience, expertise, and core strengths in data analytics and operational efficiency underpin the company’s vision to be the most reputable and trusted partner in the European credit management sector.
Have we sparked your interest? Get in touch we’d love to hear from you!